Welcome to my collection of 1:12 scale miniature food made with love (and polymer clay) - for dollhouses or admirers of all-things-mini.

In life, it's the small things around you that matter the most. Embrace, enjoy, and savor every second with all your might.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dollhouse Highlights - A Loooong Overdue Catch Up Post :)

First off I want to welcome everyone back to my blog. I hope you all are having a marvelous early spring after this horrendous winter we've been having especially on the East Coast. I'm sooo over winter - ready for warmer weather and hopefully better health too. :) My health has kept me from blogging since late last summer and many projects have either gone untouched or I had a LOT of help getting the things you see in these photos completed. In the last several months I just never could manage to get to the computer to blog about the progress, and my severely arthritic hands would not cooperate enough to handle the minis or typing. However, I do update our dollhouse photos as they change through the seasons from my phone camera by posting them to my Pinterest boards here Pinterest mmhbminiatures, which you can visit anytime for more recent mini updates. It's so much easier to post pictures without blogging about them, as I've become a lady of many lesser words these days. ;)

Speaking of words, let's just get to the quick of it shall we and I'll show you some of the things my family and friends have helped me finish over the last few months. Thanks so much for stopping by my long abandoned blog. I'll try to keep current and also visit all of your marvelous blogs. For those of you reading who are also on Pinterest I've really enjoyed your dollhouse and mini photos; when I'm terribly ill, they brighten my day tremendously. I'd love it if you leave a comment, and promise to read them and respond whenever I am able. :)


Easter will be here before we know it...how about a nice spring flower and Easter egg wreath for the front door on the farmhouse? 



Springtime flowers and plants for the music room too!


That is one messy sink! LOL Thanks to a tutorial on YouTube by Garden of Imagination we learned how to make bubbles for the miniature dollhouse sinks and tubs. Garden of Imagination - Making bubbles


If only all our household messes were THIS small. LOL



The third floor of the farmhouse underwent a renovation, this time, we did it right with the orientation of the room dividers and different wallpapers for each room. Ahhhh....we like this much better!







Awesome bubbles!


A.C. Moore had these on sale - miniature board games (they're really key chains, but shhhhh...we don't have to tell...LOL). They're not quite 1:12 scale, but darn close enough. ;) The Life game spinner really works! Total awesomeness!


The Monopoly board is magnetic, so the tiny playing pieces and dice stay put. No money or Chance cards yet, a good mini printies site should help us take care of that detail.


Mini 1:12 scale bikes painted to look a little more realistic. We're ready for spring now. :) This one we found on Hobby Builders Supply. It was all white before we painted it blue with Testors enamel paints.


And this bike was at Hobby Lobby, it was black, now painted red. 


A thermos full of coffee in the bike basket - java juice is vital for those early morning rides in the spring sunshine.


Here are some dollhouse photos from last autumn- of the dollhouses all decked out for Halloween. More pics are on Pinterest: Dollhouse Autumn Scenes






The natural swimming hole for the Victorian dollhouse got finished...yay!!!



And some dollhouse Christmas photos too (more pics on Pinterest: Our Dollhouses All Decked Out for Christmas) - little mini micro lights we found on Amazon were the perfect teeny tiny lights to light these babies up. :) You can find the lights here: Amazon: Micro Lights


Found a LOT for Christmas minis as a Miniature Yard Sale last fall - amazing and very reasonably priced. 


A tree for every room was the goal. :)












The natural swimming hole and diving pier is all frozen over for winter....brrrrrrrr!

Each tree was decorated in a "theme" - the music room tree had tiny gold music ornaments. 


Gosh those micro mini lights are so bright! And they plug in to a regular wall outlet too - easy peasy to hang on the houses and no changing batteries! The wire is almost invisible because it's so thin, and very "bendy" - easy to put in place.



Thank you so much for stopping by! XO - Jackie

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back Jackie! I am sorry your health has been so poor over the last few months and I am sure this east coast blast of cold, snow and ..more snow doesn't help your hands.

    Its nice to see you have people to support you and help keep your mini hobby active!

    All the best to you and yours, thanks for sharing great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. Yes this snow has not helped, hoping our springtime is right around the corner.

      Have a wonderful week and thank you so much for making my day with your lovely comment. :)

      XOXO
      Jackie

      Delete
  2. Hi Jackie! I had missed your blog and your visits--nice to hear from you! I, too, am glad to see that you've had helpers to complete some of your projects. They turned out beautifully! All of your spring scenes have really put me in the mood for spring, and seeing that mixer in one of your photos reminded me of our mutual love of mixers. ;-) Take care, and hope to see you around more. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! So happy you came by to visit my blog. :) Yes, our mutual love of mini mixers, they are so awesome they're hard to resist. I'm working on some kitchen renovating in mini world, will post pics soon on here and Pinterest. :)

      Your comment made my day! Thanks Jennifer!

      XOXO
      Jackie

      Delete
  3. In this manner my partner Wesley Virgin's biography starts with this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO.

    Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he discovered hidden, "SELF MIND CONTROL" tactics that the CIA and others used to get everything they want.

    THESE are the same methods tons of famous people (especially those who "come out of nowhere") and the greatest business people used to become rich and famous.

    You probably know that you only use 10% of your brain.

    Mostly, that's because the majority of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this thought has even taken place IN YOUR very own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head seven years ago, while driving an unregistered, beat-up garbage bucket of a vehicle with a suspended driver's license and with $3 in his pocket.

    "I'm absolutely frustrated with living paycheck to paycheck! When will I get my big break?"

    You took part in those questions, right?

    Your very own success story is going to happen. You just have to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Watch Wesley Virgin's Video Now!

    ReplyDelete