Welcome to my collection of 1:12 scale miniature food made with love (and polymer clay) - for dollhouses or admirers of all-things-mini.

In life, it's the small things around you that matter the most. Embrace, enjoy, and savor every second with all your might.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chips ahoy everyone! The silent auction is this Saturday! And there's still a LOT to do in the mini-kitchen/bakeshop. Today was all about cookies, chocolate chip cookies - my all-time favorite!

I used a different technique. Last week's batch came out so-so......soooo.....I tossed them. The problem was their one-dimensional, really fake looking appearance. The chips didn't stand out at all because they melted right into the polymer clay cookie "dough." The whole appearance was rather "flat."

This time I made teeny tiny chocolate chips first, baked them, and THEN added the baked "chips" to the unbaked polymer clay cookie "dough" so the "chips" wouldn't lose their shape or smash flat when I texturized the unbaked "dough" with my brushes.

I am MUCH more pleased with this result! :)




And! The technique works for M & M cookies too!




6 comments:

  1. Perfect! And look delicious. ;)
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are incredible!!
    They look good enough to eat :)
    Hugs
    Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree! They look absolutely delicious. And you've really nailed the colors, which make them look even more realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastico trabajo, absolutamente real.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! :D You're all so kind. :)

    Happy weekend!
    Cheers,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete